Signs You Need an Eye Exam
- Headaches:While staring at a computer screen for an extended period of time can cause headaches, loss of vision can also do the same. Trying to hard to concentrate and see will often result in a headache.
- Getting tired easily: If you begin to notice that you are getting tired quicker , this may be due to a disturbance in your ability to focus. The brain and vision work together, when the eyes work perfectly the brain remains fully active.
- Light Sensitivity: Sensitivity to light is a good measure of eye health. If the eyes don’t respond to sudden change of light normally it may indicate an eye disorder or some sort of infection.
- Watery Eyes: If your eyes are constantly watering, there is often some sort of underlying cause.
- Misjudging distances: If you find yourself often judging distances poorly it may be time for an eye exam!
- Squinting: Frequent squinting to view objects or words is also a sign that an eye exam in necessary.
- Sudden blurry vision: Having trouble focusing and sudden blurry vision may indicate serious health problems and should never be ignored. If your vision begins to blur contacts your eye doctor immediately!
- Obstruction of vision: Sudden floaters or flashes of light followed by obstruction of vision indicates an exam is necessary!
- You haven’t had one in two years: If you haven’t had an eye exam in over two years then it’s time to schedule one! Many changes occur to your eyes, making it necessary to stay up to date!