Why Choose Us?
Whether you are looking for an eye doctor for a routine eye exam or need a cataract, glaucoma, or laser eye surgery specialist, Beach Eye Medical Group was founded over 40 years ago to serve patients in the Orange County area who prefer a group of top-notch, subspecialized eye doctors that work together and build coordinated treatment plans while taking into account each patient’s medical history and lifestyle. Our goal is to meet your unique needs and individualize your care and achieve a lifetime of sharp vision.
Excellence in Eye Surgery
We are a group of board certified eye surgeons that have completed training at some of the most prestigious institutions in America including the #1 rated Johns Hopkins Hospital, the University of Southern California, and the University of California – Los Angeles. Each physician is subspecialty trained in their own field. This means that after completing 4 years of medical school and 4 years of ophthalmology residency, each of our physicians has completed an additional 1-2 years of training to become the subspecialty expert in their respective field!
- Dr. Shah is a subspecialist in cataract, refractive, and corneal surgery.
- Dr. McCluskey is a subspecialist in cornea and glaucoma care.
- Dr. Kim is a subspecialist in glaucoma surgery.
- Dr. Vidor is a subspecialist in the surgical care of the eyelids and orbit.
There are few, if any, conditions that we cannot treat with our combined expertise. The vast majority of services are available on-site, including Retina care. We are experts in custom laser surgical cataract treatment, laser vision correction, glaucoma, dry eye, droopy eyelid repair and cosmetic eyelid surgery to name a few. We also have an on-site, full service optical shop for the latest fashion in eyeglasses as well as the safest options in contact lenses wear.
We realize that the patient is the most important person on the premises and we don’t take that for granted! Our goal is not to see the absolute maximum number of patients per day, but rather to ensure each patient is given the time and respect that they deserve during their visit. All questions are answered before the completion of the visit. We are committed to constantly improving the patient experience, and we are always open to ideas so we can continue to improve in every aspect of your care.
The patient’s best interest is what we have at heart.
- We will provide reasonable options and expectations; we will not promise something we cannot achieve.
- We will tell you what is in your best interest, not in ours.
- We will not try to “upsell” you to a more expensive procedure or a more cost-effective or easier procedure for us.
- We will go to bat for you with your insurance company if we believe it to be in your best interest.
Once you visit us, you are part of our Beach Eye family! At the core of our philosophy is to treat patients the way we would treat our own mother, father, or family member. We are proud to share with you the comments that other patients have left for us on the right panel.
We invest in the latest technologies to ensure our patients enjoy the best possible care and get the best possible results. New innovations in eye care are regularly integrated into the practice and become a part of our offerings. We have invested in electronic medical records so other physicians can receive the results of our examinations extremely fast, often the same day!
We have also invested in surgical excellence:
- For example, one recent innovation includes the iStent, an implant that helps control the intraocular pressure in glaucoma and can be installed during a cataract surgery; based on a recent survey, only 1 of 5 ophthalmologists offer this treatment.
- Another example is ORA, a system that provides our surgeons with real-time analysis of your eye during cataract surgery to improve precision in intraocular lens selection, especially for those patients that have had LASIK prior to their cataract surgery.
- The most recent example is LASER cataract surgery; using highly developed and precise femtosecond laser technology, we can offer a level of accuracy during cataract surgery that can far surpass the human hand.
Every surgical intervention has risks and the potential for complications. However, our complication rates are far below the national average for every surgery we perform. We take all the necessary steps proactively, before and during surgery, so that you have the highest chance at success after surgery.
We are located in one of the most recognizable areas of Huntington Beach, directly across from Five Points Plaza. We have free, on-site parking with very convenient 1st floor access. Surgeries are also performed locally – some on-site and others within a short drive from the office at state-of-the-art surgery centers that have a strong commitment to excellence and innovation.
We invite you to join our family and look forward to seeing you!
To learn more, call (714) 965-9696 or click here.